Check out this month’s Featured Clothing line Rich Evolution, A rare gem in the Streetwear industry compared to the over-stated graphic design influenced market of today. Rich Evolution brings very subtle, simplistic design along with top notch quality to the table that allows you to dress for any type of occasion. Checkout our interview below with the founder of Rich Evolution.
How did you come up with the name for your company?
– RE are actually my initials. I have a fascination for the finer things in life, not necessarily the expensive things but the richness of the quality of things. For example lets say food or the abundance of knowledge a person has. I’m the type of person that’s never really satisfied when I’m doing a project, a perfectionist. When it came time to really come up with a name Rich Evolution came to mind and fit perfectly, Rich Evolution Co. To be abundantly supplied and to always evolve in what ever aspect that person does.
How does your brand stand-out from others?
– I pride myself on originality and thriving to setting standards in anything I design or do at that. With Rich Evolution Co. we focus on the quality of the fabric, details thats put into its production along with the cut of the garment. I try and vier away for the graphics and focus on the whole article or clothing itself. The pieces have somewhat of a sophistication to it but bold yet simplistic. Grown yet young, I want to be the next timeless brand.
Promoting a brand is sometimes an arduous task, what has been the craziest, most unusual marketing technique you have used?
– Haven’t really had to make any crazy marketing techniques that I can remember. Although giving out free pieces is pretty crazy to me but also rare, I don’t know how i feel or even if I like the thought of a consumer buying an article of clothing simply because of the fact the they see an artist wearing it. It really says something when an artist or someone with status actually BUYS from a brand. I want any and every consumer to purchase something that they see simply because they like it and feel that they can wear it better or THEIR OWN style would compliment the garment. But exposure is the key.
Rewind 5 years ago, where were you and what were you doing?
– Funny you should ask, I ended the 2006 year by getting out of jail and I started off the 2007 year by going to jail. That’s when I needed to figure out what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. What I was doing was mapping and planning out how to change my life. I for sure knew I didn’t want to keep going in and out of jail, too many fees with that kind of life. With all the free time I had, I thought back when I had a conversation with a good friend of mine Lloyd De Vera about starting my own clothing company since he already had a store in Berkeley CA. he inspired me and motivated me to do what I wanted.
2012 is here, so what’s your company’s new years resolution?
– I want to be able to be a house hold name in the major fashion Countries like Japan and Europe, to gain recognition from other companies that I look up to. Hopefully by the end of the 2012 I can start production on jeans since that has been my main focus when I started the company.
If you could have any celebrity or athlete wear one of your brand’s shirts who would it be and what shirt?
– Probably the obvious, Kanye West, Pharrell Williams, David Beckham but especially Nigo since he inspired the people that inspired the Pharrell’s and the Kanye’s of our time.
Do you plan on doing any events or trade shows this year that your fans can catch you at?
– Thinking about doing the Magic Convention but still not too sure. As far as events there is nothing that’s solid on our calendars right now but we will definitely hear from us when we do.
What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned since the start of your company?
– Trial and error. Research and taking time at your craft so you wont have to learn the expensive lessons that could have been avoided. As long as the lesson is learned then it was worth it.
Would you like to give a shout-out to any of your supporting fans and people that have helped you along your journey?
– I would like to give a shout out to my MAMA for believing in me no matter what I put her through, I was a hard child to deal with lol. To the homies Lloyd and Daniel for showing me the ways early on my career its very appreciated. The homie Marvin for always being down to help me out with whatever help I needed. The cousin Mike for always showing love and support. Last but not least Charmaine for being there for the rough ride and putting in a lot of work very thankful. To all my family and friends for giving the support that I needed, it helped A LOT.